Without a doubt, recruiting is going to be hot in 2015. I thought this would be a good place to start a lively discussion about splits. There are going to be a ton of roles and not enough good recruiters to get the positions filled. So.. With that being said, I have a few questions
1) What makes a good Split Partner?
2) What terms are usually negotiated with the recruiter you are splitting the fee?
3) When should you expect payment from the splits?
4) How often does "that candidate was in my database" and I am not going to split anything with you happen?
5) What is your role as a split partner? Should you know the company name? History of the company? The hiring manager? OR Are you just seen as a sourcer and have no big role.
Inquiring minds would like to know.. I would love to hear from experts who have a long track record of doing splits.