Whilst thinking of my 12 steps for recovery for this addiction, I had to confront as to why I think I am addicted to this site... not the reasons, we all know that.. the great content, the entertaining video's, commentary, insights, sense of community and chat, I could go on.....
However I'd like to make a list (and emplore you all help me) for tell tale signs that I became addicted.
- I can't not log into it, just to see what has happened whilst I have been away.
- I cannot go to bed without checking first
- I invite my colleagues, and all Recruiters I know to the site
- I don't automatically delete the notifications od the hundreds of people joining six degrees from Dave
- I am compelled to add my 2 cents (and even better haven't been rebuked.. yet!)
- I feel a connection to the community here, (even though I haven't met too many of you) and miss it when not online...
Ok this is getting sad! Please let me know of other tell tale signs... the community needs our help! :) From John Sumser's latest article it seems the addiction is hitting plague proportions
Another point to prove the addiction... after seeing the photos from the Kennedy function happening currently, do you feel a sense of loss for not having an official slouch hat? Maybe pining is the word? :(
RecruitingBlogs.com was founded in 2007 and is the social network for recruiters and HR professionals with over 35,000 members and over 21,000 blog posts and forum discussions. Its global online network provides recruiters with a forum to share, interact and collaborate with one another.