Our client seeks a Process Engineer for their New Milford, CT location.to develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations. This is an entry level / mid level position with a career path that leads to greater opportunities.
The Process Engineer for this role will provide design, development, optimization and problem solving.
Candidates are recognized for their theoretical engineering knowledge, fundamental process understanding and possess the ability to effectively interface with team members.
The incumbent reports to an Engineering Team leader and receives direction in the form of detailed objectives.
1) Lead the process portion of various engineering projects with a financial scope of up to $1MM
2) Analyze product attribute data and laboratory test results to determine causes of problems and develop solutions
3) Seeking, recognizing, defining and solving process problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
4) Design and direct the testing or control of manufacturing process improvements.
5) Evaluate technical specifications and economic factors relating to process or product design objectives.
6) Conduct or supervise tests on raw materials or finished products to ensure their quality
7) Assist in the development of operators and maintenance in the area of his/her expertise.
8) Provide direction and participative leadership in the practical application of the Quality Management System and Centerline System in all projects, assignments and responsibilities.
1) Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Pulp and Paper or other applicable Engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
Candidates with an Associate, Bachelor, or advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline and some applicable experience will also be considered.
2) A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering role, which may include co-op or internship experience, preferably in a paper/pulp manufacturing environment or in a manufacturing support role
3) A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects within required time frames. 4) Demonstrated leadership in achieving results.
5) Advanced skills in statistical data analysis, problem solving (such as Lean 4 step methodology) and experimental design is highly desirable.
Up to 90K
Relo and Interview expenses paid