ume in their database from a couple of years ago so they may have just pulled it from a job board and dumped in their database. I am curious Kathleen and others, what timeframe do you typically use with clients. I see 1 year or 6 months a lot.…
the recruiter specializes in the industry, what their value add proposition is, obtain references from previous client companies and lay out the expectations the company has, like meeting the recruit on a face to face basis etc. It doesn't matter what the process was that resulted in the hiring of the individual, what matters is the value the individual brings to the company. As long as companies view hiring, training etc. as cost factors rather than investments, the best results they can hope to achieve are to be mediocre.…
less compensation then their prior place of employment.
Companies should have a set salary scale to operate from so they can indicate to their candidates the opportunity for an increase in the future.
Remember not to prey on the long term unemployed and offer them scraps; they are still human beings with the ability to contribute to your company.…
with 100's of staffing companies, I noticed not much emphasis was put on preparation...only placement. Noticing this I started a online candidate preparation software specifically with the staffing company in mind called EmployPrep.
I would love to get your feedback. Much appreciated
Reporting to the HR Leader, the Staffing Manager is responsible for ensuring that client achieves staffing plans to support exceptional growth in the market. This position will focus on enhancing and implementing staffing processes to support a high-growth environment, developing effective sourcing strategies, implementing a robust applicant tracking system, hiring and managing the day-to-day activities of contract recruiters and effectively managing vendors. This is a hands-on position that will require both leadership and individual contribution.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (i.e., management, communications, human resources, psychology) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 8+ years experience in recruiting for high-tech markets.
• 2+ years experience managing direct and contract recruiters as well as
HR Specialist support staff.
• Must possess excellent knowledge of the full-lifecycle of recruitment,
including proven experience in developing and implementing new staffing
• Must have prior experience with a robust Applicant Tracking System.
Preference for prior implementation experience with a web-based ATS.
• Demonstrated expertise in training behavioral interviewing methods to line
managers and their interview teams.
• Preference for prior experience with selection tools for both cultural and technical competencies.
• Must possess excellent project management capabilities, as this position will be responsible for driving large projects to successful completion according to established timelines.
• Excellent knowledge of online recruitment methodologies and tools is required.
• Significant prior experience with vendor selection, vendor management and contract negotiation for both contingent and direct workforce placement.
• Must possess a working knowledge of EEO hiring requirements and best practices for addressing EEO and OFCCP requirements. Preference for prior experience in effectively defining applicants, EEO tracking, managing affirmative action plans and audits.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity tools such as Word, Excel and Power Point as well as web-based recruitment tools and ATS/ERP/HRIS systems.
• Must be comfortable with various methods of requirements planning, staffing capacity planning and forecasting. Preference for prior experience in defining such plans and training line management to use staffing capacity or forecasting tools.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives by working in and with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams.
• Preference for entrepreneurial drive and prior experience with startup companies or new business division launches.
• Must possess valid driver’s license, valid passport and ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.…
think the company takes the time to analyze the cost to productivity ratio after they've successfully gotten some one to take the offer. Instead, the company is more likely to start figuring out how to do without that person and that they now question the loyalty of the individual. After all, they know they can find some one in this economy who would be happy to have the job at the prior salary, so again, it is only a matter of time until they depart - voluntarily or not.…