mation and control, information and communications, maintenance and power transmission sectors.
Job Description Instrument Design Engineers needed for the duration of either 6 months or 18 months. Responsibilities: • Instrumentation installation for designing hook-ups and routings during construction phase.
Skill Required • Instrumentation Engineering degree- A MUST • Good knowledge of Instrumentation Engineering including Cable specification, Instrument specification and routings. • Process, Fire and Gas Instrumentation experience. • Experience of Instrumentation Installation. • Revamping experience. • Experience of Turbine and compressors – an advantage. • Experience of design and installation of Water mist systems- an advantage. • 6-7 years of experience as Instrument Engineer. • Immediate start.
Benefits Excellent benefits, full relocation assistance offered.
City, region Doha
Sector Energy and Utilities…
ation equipment and systems used in transmission and distribution of electrical power for high, medium, and low voltage electrical systems. In some cases, this includes protection, installation, and validation of these systems.
• Project management responsibilities including: overseeing contractors, purchasing, installing, making payments, and project start-up
• Familiar with ISO, NPCC and other power utility coordination organizations and conducts research and preparation of design drawings and specifications
• Responsible for the selection, specification, and application of protection and communication of systems used in the electrical utility Transmission and Distribution Substations and auxiliary electrical equipment
• Responsible for the design of one line diagrams, loop diagrams and approval of manufacturing equipment drawings for the industrial and utility industry
• Responsible for site-work including data, testing, start-up, and installation supervision
• May include installation of these systems and required calculations for the operation of specialty CAD software, power industry calculations, ARC Flash and Doble test equipment.
• Computer programming of RTU, SCADA, PLC and other equipment unique to the utility industry.
• Work will include Utility, Industrial and other type of industries such as municipal industries
• General administration such as paperwork, copying, printing, faxing, and using a computer
a) Education –BSEE is preferred. An equivalent degree and/or experience may be substituted.
b) Experience –5 plus years Electrical Engineering experience in the power utility industry is preferred. PE license is beneficial.
Possible Experience and Skill Levels:
(One person may not have done it all.)
• Design and modifications of distribution substations and underground/overhead circuits
• Proficient in the analytical methods used for load flow, network faults, system dynamics, transients and relay coordination.
• Operated or designed transmission lines and substations from 4kV through 345kV.
• Power system equipment and their operation, including high-voltage circuit breakers (gas and vacuum), metal-clad switchgear, power transformers, instrument systems, rotating machinery, communications systems, transmission systems and distribution systems.
• Design and construction of electric utility power distribution projects.
• Single phase and three phase pole line extensions, underground 13.8kV distribution systems
• Coordinated tray and conduit system design, cable sizing, and routing
• Wiring in electric utility substations including relaying, communications, grounding, indication, and control.
• Field surveys and operations on substation equipment
• Customer line loading, feeder loading, voltage discrepancies, harmonics problems, electrical interference, and infrared studies.
• Integration of SCADA and DAS systems into Electric Utilities and Transportation Agencies
• Hydro-Electric, Nuclear and fossil fuel power generation facilities, SCADA, fiber optic relay control and communications systems
• Designed, installed, programmed, tested and troubleshot various SCADA systems utilizing an array of protocols (such as DNP 3.0, Modbus, SEL, etc.) and communications systems
• Various load management systems including power line carrier, Ethernet, fiber optic, and telephone systems.
• Programming and communicating with utility specific IED from different manufacturers, Siemens, SEL, ABB, GE, Etc
(Protective relay panels, communication panels, Transfer trip equipment, Breaker panels, etc)
• Protective relays and control systems for generators, transmission and distribution systems.
• Short circuit analysis, breaker and fuse coordination and substation battery loading calculations
• Short circuit studies, relay system analyses, substation and feeder relay system deriving relay settings selection and design, with device coordination and settings preparation.
• Electrical design and AutoCAD drafting of instrument and power systems.
• Preparation of relay and metering one-line diagrams; current and voltage diagrams; protective relaying and circuit breaker schematics; control and relay panel front views, materials lists and wiring diagrams.
• Development of control schematics and connection drawings with IED equipment.
• Applied complex analytical methods such as transient analysis and dynamic analysis to the design and analysis of protective relay systems
Testing and Startup/Operations
• Use of testing equipment to determine equipment failure analysis, high-speed fault recorder data interpretation, sequence of events reconstruction and protective relay system response evaluation
• Short circuit analysis, protective device coordination, load flow analysis and.
• Preventive maintenance programs, testing procedures, startup plans, and emergency switching requirements.
• Operated and calibrated all types of electronic test equipment, relays, cable, commissioned switchgear and substations, large power transformers and rotating equipment.
• Familiar with NETA certified testing equipment performing inspection, testing, repairs and troubleshooting on electrical equipment and systems ranging from 480V to 345KV.
• Performed and analyzed most acceptance and maintenance testing applications
• Used equipment to include relay calibration, power factor, phase, and high potential testing
• Troubleshooting of failed control circuits, investigations of faulted equipment and system recovery on tripped generating stations.
• Performed inspection, testing, repairs and fault investigation on high and low voltage systems (345kV to 120V), relays and components, power transformers and circuit breakers, substation equipment.
Background – Typical
Time working with investor-owned electric utilities
Served as lead electrical engineer and engineering manager on power projects for municipal, state, and rural electric agencies, mass transportation agencies, and military agencies
Electrical Operations for a large municipal utility
Operations engineer for an Engineering and Field Services Company
Operating, engineering, and design time working with an engineering company or a utility associated with distribution substations.
Experience working different facets of the Utility and Telecommunications industry including overhead and outside plant (OSP) design and construction, underground construction, revenue and information metering, engineering, energy services, substation operation and design, communications, electric generation and customer service.
Experience as a tester in the Electric Utility and Relay Testing industry
Engineer in the operations or substation department of a Utility company
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
2. 5 + years Electrical Engineering experience in the power utility industry.
3. Experience in Project management including: overseeing contractors, purchasing, installing, making payments, and project start-up.
4. Experience in one of the typical backgrounds listed above; lead electrical engineer on power projects for municipal, state, and rural electric agencies, mass transportation agencies, military agencies, utility, or engineering and field services company.
5. PE is a plus.
Todd Kmiec & Associates
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/toddkmiec
Connect with me on Facebook www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1440262060&ref=name…
eading this on your off time, but if you have not added renewable energy into your portfolio, I think after reading this article you might want to consider it at least as a potential growth area. For the quick spin, look at page 13 and I think you will see why I brought this to attention with the Midwest Recruiters.
Some other research I've done strongly points out that we've also got to figure out a way to distribute the energy from one location to the others that need it. (in the utility industry, this is what we are calling the Transmissions department) As you see on the map, there is some distance where you build the wind turbine and where you send the energy and right now we have to figure out something that will allow it to transfer without losing it's power strength. (Personally I think maybe if they could set up some storage locations and pump the energy in short distances and store then somehow build up it's strength and shoot it out to another station until it reaches the area that needs the energy) Another thought is if we could build some storage device on a truck/train and transport it without losing it's level - maybe sun panels on top of the truck/train to keep the levels up during transportation to the storage location. I've got too many spikes going on in my head right now ;-) Feel free to contact me if you think you want to get serious about this sector of the business. IMO we are going to have to work together to make this a successful venture because I think if the new gov't signs onto this as it looks like they will, this is going to be a big trough everyone is going to line up to feed out of and it will be very competitive to find talent.
*NOTE* I've only researched this about 2 -3 weeks seriously so far and made about 25 calls to potential clients and I should know next week if I get 2 of them signed up to work with me. One COO told me they had already hired 10 people from a firm this year they were working with and they are a smaller player in the market. Now take that figure and x 3-5 decent sized clients and I think you would have a good book of business going for you. You could go the way of Wind/Solar/Water for renewable and there are a huge number of areas to expand your services (Engineering, Transmission, Construction, Proj.Mgmt, Technology, Regulatory, Science and much, much more)
Summary - If you have doubts about this sector of business, turn on your TV or read a newspaper, it's spoken/written of daily - but think about where the energy came from for you to be able to read this ;-) Enjoy…
www.chronosworkflow.com) for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Follow us on twitter.com/coberonchronos and facebook.com/coberonchronos
Our client is one of the largest engineering and electrical engineering companies with worldwide operations in the industrial automation and control, information and communications, maintenance and power transmission sectors.
Operational RP Senior Technicians
Responsibilities are operational RP around the accelerator complex, including:
• Radiation surveys at workplaces around client’s accelerators, and experimental areas.
• Performance of radiation monitoring during the replacement and maintenance of radioactive machine components.
• Assessment of the radiation exposure risks of workplaces in radiation areas and provision of guidance to persons working in radiation areas.
• Verification and control of the correct execution of work procedures in areas with the risks of external and/or internal exposure to ionizing radiation.
• Radiation controls on material and waste leaving radiation areas.
• Follow up of operational dosimetry by recording the doses received by personnel and comparing it to estimated job doses.…
cent purchase - four new tires and yes, the note was hand-written. At 50,000 miles, I needed to have my transmission checked, fluid drained and refilled. I failed to keep that appointment; I am now paying the price as I face transmission trouble and the potential of an extended warranty not being honored because I didn't do what was necessary 20,000 miles ago. Are you keeping track of your service history? How come our careers didn't come with a service booklet like our car? With boxes to check off as maintenance is successfully completed? How about a warning light that blinks when excesses have been reached or depletions occur?
When was the last time you checked your turn signals? Do your clients/HMs know when a change of direction is necessary, when further interaction is required in order to gain the most knowledge of the company & position or do you ignore those following your lead and just make haphazard turns hoping to hit the right street, landing at your destination in one piece, unscathed? Have you had your speedometer calibrated lately? Checked your brakes for wear? If you drive so mindlessly and out of control that you can't slow down to make the right move without crashing, what purpose does that fulfill? When sense of direction is lost, so is principle and ability to properly function. One must be able to slow down, evaluate a situation or issue and calculate the right move, the right turn, in order to align goals and objectives. When was the last time you had your fluids checked or replaced your sparkplugs ? Changed out your battery? Everyone has to set aside time to re-charge. Explore a pastime, take a mini-vacation or visit a local museum. Re-charge! Life and work have to balance... too heavy on the side of work and the wear and tear on your vehicle may be too much to repair. Rarely does work/life balance come with an extended warranty.
Save time and money in the long run -- Schedule regular maintenance. by rayannethorn .…
1) IP L3 Skills Intermediate Required
2) Cisco Routers Intermediate Required
3) VLANs Intermediate Required
4) Routing Protocols Intermediate Required
accelerate to value
Collabera, formerly Global Consultants, Inc. (GCI), stands for collaboration driven by agility and flexibility that leads to accelerated value for our stakeholders
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Collabera takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software.…
fessionals. We operate in a clean and sustainable manner - conserving time, money and resources are key tenets of our shared vision for a better world.
Our model is to work with like-minded recruitment professionals (all commission basis) who are interested in working with environmentally- and socially-conscious companies. The company, based in Milwaukee, WI, is 100% powered by renewable energy, and offsets its travel impact among other efficient practices. We practice what we preach on a local level, hence the need to spread out across the nation; and we each work within a specific market vertical, such as Wind.
The Sectors We Work
• Energy – Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro - Research, Generation, Transmission, Conservation
• Building – Efficiency, Design/Architecture and the Construction Supply Chain
• Environment/Climate/Water – Research, Technologies, Consulting, Advocacy
• Finance - Carbon Offset Origination, Certification, Finance and Trading
• Sustainable Enterprise – Those that run green businesses and organizations and those that are greening the others – all positions
We are currently at a point in our development where we wish to crank it up to the next level this next year. We believe that now is the time to add a Senior Business Development person to the group to organize this effort. You must have the recruitment practice experience in this type of role, possess demonstrable green depth, and the ability to support yourself while you build this practice.
power transmission, and transportation sectors.
Job Description The position will include HVAC and Plumbing Systems design as well as construction oversight. Challenging projects include Data Center Cooling Systems (chilled water CRAC units and high density cooling systems), air distribution systems including central station air handling units, chilled water systems, office and tenant fitout renovations, building energy audits, and facility condition assessments. Engineer must have the ability to perform field surveys with limited supervision and produce construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
Skill Required • U.S. Citizenship • EIT Required • 7-10 years experience in HVAC, Plumbing & Fire Protection Design • Experience performing HVAC Load Calculations, Piping and Ductwork Pressure Loss Calculations, and selecting mechanical equipment. • Experience using CAD packages (AUTOCAD and/or Microstation) and designing HVAC systems including chilled/hot water piping, constant and variable air distribution systems and DX cooling systems. Preferred Qualifications • Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (with emphasis on Mechanical) discipline or the sciences from a four (4) year accredited college or university. • Some experience in facility condition assessments, building energy audits, and CFD Analysis is beneficial. • PE License is preferred • TS/SCI security clearance or ability to obtain. Highly preferred.
Benefits Excellent benefits!
Country United States of America…
Fee % 20%
Location Fairfax VA
Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of steel foundation products in the US.
SALES REP REPORTS TO: DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
. 5 - 10 years sales experience in construction industry, preferably
. 4 Year Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Construction
Management, Engineering, Marketing, or Management desirable
. Professional appearance and good presentation skills
. Computer literate in Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office or equivalent
. Ability to travel
. Ability to develop customer base by building strong, long-term
. Self-starter, motivated, strong desire to succeed
. Maturity and a strong business acumen
. High energy, outgoing, proactive
. Sense of urgency, ability and drive to get things done
. Ability to work independently
. Team player
. Entrepreneurial spirit, enjoys a challenge, not easily frustrated
. Service oriented, ability to track, manage and follow through on
. Comfortable managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
Establish customer relationships to develop a steady flow of order inquiries. Track and follow sales inquiries with customer and in the marketplace in order to convert these inquiries into orders. Manage customer base and orders to create optimum mix of sales volume, gross profit and market share as determined by the District Manager. Sales rep is accountable for achieving goals for sales revenue, sales volume, gross profit, and credit.
Service the customer base by managing orders through the entire sales cycle.
Sales representative must be skilled at planning, organizing, directing and controlling all aspects of an order. Responsibilities include developing inquiries, sourcing material, proposing pricing, arranging transportation, organizing logistics, delivery schedules, supplying details for timely billing, and leading collections. Resolve claims and effectively manage dispute resolution.
Travel to interact with customer base and engineering community on a regular basis. Maintain high visibility for Company in the marketplace and provide a steady flow of market intelligence to the District Manager on market conditions, competitor activity and upcoming projects.
Perform all other assignments as requested or as necessary to meet business needs.
Education: Broaden beyond a BA( ex AA or work experience)
Salary: $50-70K; vehicle w/fuel, bonus potential and normal
benefits ( vacation, health, 401k, profit sharing , etc)
Industries: Construction, heavy equipment sales & tools [Bosch,
Dewalt, Hitachi, Milwaukee, MultiQuip, Wacker, Honda, Mi-T-M, ICS, Stihl, Echo, Allen, etc],
manufacture reps in like industry ( steel,
chemicals, coatings, below grade plumbing [sewer, gas,
water transmission, etc] )
No high tech (IT, software, CRM, insurance, realty, recruitment,, etc) sales, job jumpers, Regional Sales Mgrs on a consistent basis (1-2 times maybe, not last five positions)
or manufacture reps in like industry ( steel, chemicals, coatings, below grade
plumbing, sewer, gas, water transmission, etc)
1. Bachelor's Degree, Associates Degree, or appropriate work experience.
2. Sales experience (recent or current) in Construction, heavy equipment sales & tools
3. 3 to 20 years total work experience (not more).
4. Local strongly preferred.
Todd Kmiec & Associates
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/toddkmiec
Connect with me on Facebook www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1440262060&ref=name…