Joel has not received any gifts yet
We are seeking a Business Analyst for our Direct Client.
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Culver City CA
Duration: 7 months
*** Need Locals to CA
Must have entertainment industry exp
The Business Analyst will provide functional and QA application support on various projects within the Client’s Marketing group. This includes gathering and documenting business requirements for system enhancements and new applications, responding to support requests for vendor and custom systems in production, and managing the QA process.
- Communicate with the functional team and/or users to analyze information needs and requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Wireframes, and User Guides.
- Serve as the strategic interface between the users and the vendor and/or internal IT groups to resolve problems and fulfill requests for Client’s Marketing group applications.
- Understand, communicate, and manage user expectations for Client’s Marketing group systems supported.
- Analyze/understand Client’s Marketing business challenges; determine application customization needs; identify and analyze reporting requirements; and troubleshoot/resolve, or participate in resolution of, system issues that may impact the business.
- Work with the users, vendor, and internal IT groups to plan and manage periodic vendor application upgrades, including user acceptance testing and communication of new functionality to the users.
- Implement structured functional QA process for internal Marketing group team.
- Lead and perform functional testing for enhancements to Marketing group systems and new Marketing group applications.
- Create/review test plan, test cases, conditions and/or scenarios based on functional specifications.
- Coordinate functional QA tasks among several testers.
- Fulfill functional QA role throughout entire software product lifecycle, working with the development team to coordinate builds and release cycles.
- Work with internal and external QA team to conduct performance testing.
- B.S. in computer science or IT-related field preferred
- 4-6 years Business Analyst experience, which includes generating functional requirements documentation
- 3-5 years Lead QA Analyst experience, which includes managing QA process, writing test cases, submitting defects, and creating test plans
- 2-4 years experience using software testing/defect tracking tools, such as HP Mercury Quality Center
- 2-4 years experience supporting web-based / vendor applications
- 2-4 years working in projects that have used formal software methodologies, RUP methodology preferred
- Previous experience generating RUP artifacts preferred
- Previous entertainment experience preferred (preferably in television)
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex technical information to non-technical business users
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable dealing with a wide span of people from executive management to offshore developers
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and adjust to frequent changes in requirements and deadlines
- Extensive experience working with IT functional and technical teams
- Ability to generate solid business requirements specifications
- Focused on delivering results
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work extended hours when needed to meet project deadline
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com or CALL Joel @ 310-448-2888 Ext 812, to discuss more.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this posting and pass it on. I very much appreciate it.