Rebecca Mrkva's Professional Resume
SUMMARY: Human Resources professional with experience in staffing, candidate management, process improvement and learning and development. Proven ability to build relationships and expand an extensive professional network. Detail-oriented, ability to make process work. Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while continually achieving a positive customer experience. Strengths in leadership organization and communication within all levels.
2002 to 2008 Limited Brands, Columbus, Ohio
RECRUITING COORDINATOR, Central Staffing 2002 – 2008
Managed candidate interview process for Store Operations to include scheduling interviews, reference checking, travel arrangements, offer letter compilation and report generation.
• Provided ongoing support to the Associate Vice President, Stores Staffing.
• Volunteered to participate on Curriculum Development Committee to build internal learning portfolio for staffing associates.
• Co lead team to initiate process for design and re design of Web based Survey to solicit feedback from Hiring Managers on effectiveness of staffing process which resulted in improved customer service to Hiring Managers.
• Co-facilitated regular coordinator conference calls which resulted in consistent communication around process and provided development opportunities by including guest speakers.
• Selected to co- facilitate voice of the customer focus groups in preparation for major central staffing project which provided a basis for future initiatives and process improvement.
• Selected to participate in major central staffing initiative to review and redesign current processes. Research included work on Vendor Relations, Requisition Process and Interview & Selection teams which resulted in continuous process improvement and improved customer service.
• Co-presented Vendor Relations review to the Staffing Executive Leadership team which provided insight into recommendation for process improvement.
• Consistently streamlined process and operational procedures to include electronic candidate packets, remote recruiter home office set up, stores staffing procedure manual, on boarding and new associate set up which produced standardized procedures across the stores staffing function.
• Successfully leveraged enterprise relationships to yield questions and resolve issues for field staffing team which resulted in one point of contact within home office.
• Lead communication strategy and on line ordering process for project to provide field associates with information on home office career opportunities which resulted in a seamless communication flow to the field.
• Managed and executed a variety of stores staffing team meetings to include the 2003 Kick off Meeting and 2005 annual stores staffing meeting resulting in positive team building experiences for Stores Staffing.
• Partnered with Enterprise procurement on a number of occasions resulting in streamlined online ordering of staffing supplies to include Benefit Overviews and Guides.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, in addition to Taleo Applicant Tracking.
HR COORDINATOR, Bath & Body Works (through Martha Vance & Associates) 2002
Hired permanently in Recruiting Coordinator role with Limited Brands as a result of exceptional job performance.
1999 to 2001 Ohio Health System Services, Columbus, Ohio
Collaborated with Department Managers and Recruiting staff to determine market competitiveness for over 250 companywide positions.
1985 to 1999 The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, Ohio
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST 1993 – 1999
Performed in a Generalist capacity
• Managed all recruitment for downtown location and security by successfully filling an average of 100 requisitions each year. Administered company relocation program.
• Processed weekly merit and promotional increases that average 900 employees per year.
• Assisted in the development, implementation and administration of a new merit pay program.
• Collaborated with team to revise employee handbook to be distributed to 900 employees.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST 1990 – 1993
HUMAN RESOURCES TECHNICIAN 1988 – 1990
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Human Resources Management major
Volunteered to participate in several Limited Brands enterprise courses focusing on Communication, Leadership, Organization and Development.
Human Resources Association of Central Ohio (HRACO)
• Public Relations Director (1996)
• Vice President of Membership (1995)
• Student Services Director (1993,1994)
• Hospitality Committee (1991,1992)