Does video work in recruitment?
There are 1090 Recruitment Videos on http://www.recruitingblogs.com/video/video
Here is the list of the latest 17 videos with the date of publishing and the number of views:
- Finding the Hidden Jobs on Social Media-JobsMiner [Inbound Recruiter Trainer] Mar 24 51 views
- How To Double Your Client and Candidate List [Inbound Recruiter] Mar 19 36 views
- VLOG: 3 Reasons Why Your Not Blogging Weekly [Inbound Recruiter Trainer] Mar 16 10 views
- VLOG: Top 5 Tips To Get Your Inbound Recruiter Marketing Cranking Mar 9 27 views
- TEMP Mar 6 166 views
- Recruitment and Contacting Candidates - email, telephone, finding contact details Mar 3 13 views
- Still Hiring at Siemens.m4v""Rachel RomaszewskiFeb 20 23 views
- Amazon Kindle Book Review: "Headhunter" [Inbound Recruiter] Feb 18 40 views
- JPKreiss Executive Search - Review of the Inbound Recruiter's New Feb 16 31 views
- Is Social Recruiting Real? | TweetMyJobs.com | #Time2TMJ Feb 13 118 views
- All Recruiters Are Going To Die, So Get Over Yourself...[Inbound Recruiter] Feb 10 58 views
- Recruitment - Sourcing Made Simple. Find Candidates and Vacancies on the Internet for free Feb 5 24 views
- A rant from the heart, hip and head Feb 3 19 views
- 3 Books Every Recruiter Must Read To Stay "Current" [Inbound Recruiter] Feb 1 44 views
- Bill Humbert, "Recruiter Guy," On The Mountain Morning Show Jan 3 16 views
- Amazon Book Launch: "Headhunter and Headhunted" [Inbound Recruiter] Jan 25 87 views
- Bill Humbert, RecruiterGuy Jan 24 17 views
Here is a question again now: Does Video work for recruitment?
Compare it with your other social media publications. Perhaps with a blog. If you would write a blog post, and about 40 people open that page (I am not saying read it!) in about 3 months. Would you call that a success? No. You need to have hundreds of people on your blog post within first 24 hours. You need to get comments rolling in and you busy administering them.
Rules are the same for the video. It is all about the numbers. The ratio of time / budget spent and the conversions the video has created. Will the average 50ish viewers make a ‘conversion’ – someone to call and make a ‘purchase’?
My point is – Video does not work in generating the leads. A few a year in each industry and market do. Only! The rest does nothing or almost nothing. Text is how the web is searched.
A blog post is worth a million videos!