To quote Betty Bender: “When people go to work, they shouldn’t have to leave their hearts at home”. An average person spends almost one quarter of his lifetime working, so it is utmost important that we love what we do to earn a living in order to make sure we have a peaceful and happy personal and professional life. If you land up in one of the following 10 jobs, the experience will be nothing less than exhilarating.
- Travel Writer: An all-expense paid trip to the most exotic places on earth and all you have to do in return is share your experiences in the most descriptive and interesting manner. It sounds dreamy but true. A travel writer explores each and every bit of a destination and weaves a story that touches the heart of every reader, making them want to experience the story in person.
- Photographer: As it is said a picture is worth a thousand words, photographers capture the perfect moments in life and preserve them forever in their pictures.
- Mystery shopper: A woman or even a man would kill for a job like this. Get paid to shop! Retail giants hire and pay people to shop from their outlets who in turn provide them feedback on various aspects.
- Game tester: How cool is it to make money playing games! The gaming industry continues to grow by leaps and bounds and beta testing jobs are the most sought after jobs in recent times. The job of a game tester is to find and report bugs and glitches in a game before it is released in the market.
- Restaurant/food critic: Having meals in an up-market and lavish restaurants to make a living certainly sounds like an ultimate job. A restaurant / food critic tastes and reviews dishes and the establishment for publications, blogs, websites, etc.
- Sports announcer: A sports announcer is passionate about sports and has the most captivating way to put across things. They get long vacations between sport seasons, travel places to see the games, make announcements, interview guests, and sport stars.
- DJ: A disc jockey lives by the mantra “play hard and party harder”. They play music targeting a specific audience or an event.
- Home staging: It is the art of creating an ambience that pleases buyers. A staging artist decorates a home to improve its appearance and makes it marketable.
- Compliance auditor: The job here is to oversee the functions of an organization and audit them according to the prevalent compliance policies laid internally and by the government.
- Art Director/Curator: These are people who obtain and preserve artifacts, paintings, and rare possessions on behalf of collectors or museums.
These professions offer a thrilling lifestyle along with a hefty pay check. They make people forget Monday blues as they are not only dream jobs but also something that everyone would love to do every day.
To sum it up, choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Simon Hopes harps on keeping yourself vigiliant while choosing a prospective career for you. He says one for example beta testing jobs which offer a unique sense of satisfaction despite the challenging tasks they involve.