One of our clients was reading through our social recruiting blogs this month, which lead to a discussion on the topic during a check in call. We went back and forth on the benefits and best practices for recruiters, and then spent some time talking about why candidates are in favor of companies using social media for recruiting. While it might be obvious, some things just need to be said.
Here are the top 5 reasons candidates want recruiters on social media:
1. Easy Access: While it may not be every recruiter’s dream, the 24/7 availability that social media provides is a big win for candidates. They can drop in a question via social before and/or after the interview if they aren’t feeling like the old phone or email will get the job done.
2. Research & Preparation: Smarter candidate know that they should spend ample time researching the company and the hiring team. Reading through company and recruiter social updates is one heck of a way to prepare and take research one step further.
3. First Dibs on Future Openings: Maybe the candidate isn’t a perfect fit at the moment, but they will receive updates on other jobs that open through social channels.
4. Proves You’re “With It”: Candidates want to work with a forward thinking organization. Sadly, the companies and recruiters that aren’t on social media may as well be non-existent.
5. A Deeper Look: If a candidate is excited a company is using social media, then obviously that person is a user of the technology as well. Smarter candidates and job seekers have created interesting social media “hire me” campaigns and online portfolios that will be easy to show and provide a more in depth look into who they are and what they bring to the table.
Originally posted at http://www.asyncinterview.com/5-reasons-candidates-want-recruiters-...