Oh Dear...I'm usually not one to follow up on these things, but my internet research colleague Amybeth Hale
deemed me a good candidate for this, so here goes:
1. Post these rules before you give you the facts.
2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
Eight Random Facts About Suzy:
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names (linking to them)
4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been tagged!
1. I was born in Washington DC, but age 4 months moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina (courtesy of my Foreign Service parents) and never stopped since. Also lived in Venezuela, Chile, Peru, Spain, Italy, Poland, France, Barbados, Miami and now Bend, OR.
I have visited myriad countries and cultures and hope to continue to doing so.
2. Due to all the travels, I am fluent in French, Italian, Spanish & of course, English. Used to speak some Polish.
3. When I was living in Poland, I got to shake hands with President Nixon (that dates me,huh?)
4. When I was working for Sharkpod
USA (the world's first electronic shark repelling device developed by the South African government), we did a shoot in the Bahamas for The Learning Channel
. It was my first time using it and asked my significant other (now hubby, Ron) if it was normal that I was getting shocked. He said "that means it's on and it works!" As we're filming and scuba diving, a school of very aggressive Bull Sharks starts swarming around me in a frenzy and I kept pushing the button to try to repel them. It didn't work and I was getting majorly electrocuted.Turns out, since I am 5'4'', the electrical elliptical field was actually condensed on me,therefore shocking me AND making the sharks even more attracted to me. We told the S.A. govt to go back and do some more R&D.
5.When I was Label Manager for A&M Records in Paris, I heard an album by The Neville Brothers
called "Yellow Moon".I immediately fell in love with that album and was directly responsible for the Brothers receiving their first ever Gold record. They have been my great friends ever since.
6. I am an avid traveler, and, like Amybeth
, love long road trips. In 1999, we sold everything in Miami, bought a 35 foot motor home, packed it to the gills with belongings, son and friend, 2 cats, a dog, one cayman, one alligator, one bull frog and a few snakes. We headed West (not sure where
exactly we were going) via Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California and then Oregon. Sadly,because it was August and hot as blazes, the cayman didn't make it, and I lost one of my cats in Coos Bay, Oregon...:-(
7.I am known to be pretty fearless, so you'll find me following my crazy hubby down steep, powdery mountains, diving with sharks, kayaking rapids, surfing, mountain biking down some gnarly trails, and hiking in some breathtaking scenery.
8.Ever since I was very young, I liked to research and plan my family's vacation. At age 11, I organized our first trip to Jamaica, found the house to rent, did a lot of baby-sitting and paid for my pet's kennels because they have some serious quarantine laws.
So some of this stuff is pretty normal, but that's all I could come up with right now...
The people I am tagging to continue this chain of revealment are:
1. Karen Mattonen
2. Jeremy Langhans
3. Jason Davis
4. Dave Mendoza
5. Krista Bradford
6. Danny Parrillo
7. Glenn Gutmacher
8. David Carpe
Hope you guys will contribute to the greater good by posting some unknown facts about yourself....