Reporting to the Co-founders, and working closely with other senior executives of the fund, the Director of Human Resources will develop and structure an effective human resources function that will support the continued growth and development of the fund. Specifically, the Director of Human Resources will be a resource for the other professionals in regards to a broad range of human capital and employee relations issues. In this capacity, the successful candidate will administer and be responsible for the ongoing review and study of all human resources policies, programs and practices to keep the organization abreast of current trends and developments in the field. The position’s responsibilities will also include the development and implementation of a focused recruitment and retention strategy that will allow the fund to continue to attract and retain superior professional talent. This is a “hands-on,” multifaceted position that will adequately support Silver Point and position it for continued growth. Importantly, the Director will strategically align human resources with the fund’s goals of hiring Great People, delivering Great Returns to investors and maintaining a Great Reputation in the marketplace. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the development, implementation and management of a human resources function and oversee the firm’s human resources policies, practices and programs.
- Develop, implement and coordinate policies and programs covering: recruitment and staffing, employee orientation and assimilation, training and development, compensation planning and salary administration, employee benefits programs, employee and labor relations, affirmative action administration and talent management and organization planning.
- Ensure compliance with statutes and legislation governing human resources policies and practices.
- Provide human resources counsel and advice to the officers and directors and all other corporate personnel.
- Coordinate the administration of Performance Appraisal, Compensation, Employee Benefits and Retirement Programs, ensuring that they are competitive, equitable and consistent with the organization’s philosophy.
- Assess staffing needs, providing management assessment on the potential of their staff, and ensure that recruitment is conducted in a timely, cost effective manner and in accordance with all federal guidelines.
- Manage staff performance by motivating, training and developing employees.
We are seeking a broad-gauged human resources professional with superior interpersonal skills who can effectively create and lead a proactive, well respected function that has positive impact on the firm. He/she will have:
- Ten to fifteen years of professional experience with an organization known for best practices in human resources.
- A well developed knowledge of human resources disciplines including: recruitment and staffing strategy, interview techniques, training and development, employee and preventative labor relations, affirmative action/equal employment, compensation planning and administration and benefits planning and administration.
- A functional understanding of: equal employment opportunity laws and practices, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and other relevant federal and state legislation and statutes governing human resources.
- Experience in developing, designing and implementing human resources policies and programs.
- Strong relevant academic credentials.
- The ability to establish and build trusted relationships with professionals throughout the organization and faction as an advisor and business partner to the organization.
- Well-developed assessment and evaluation skills with experience interviewing candidates for various functions and professional levels.
- A proactive style and be able to follow through on commitments and understand that deadlines are meaningful.
- An engaging, open, genuine personality that naturally encourages interaction with individuals at all levels.
- An organized, detail orientation and able to function in an intense environment with the ability to take initiative and operate with an owner-minded attitude.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to persuade.
- Must have a mature ego, which can work along side the Co-founders who are intimately involved in the preservation and enhancement of the company’s culture.