SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Java)
Salary: 92-97k per annum
This position will work with the Development and other business units to develop and manage software development initiatives and related technical projects. Must be able to translate business needs into effective technical solutions and apply state of the art technologies. A candidate is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of developed systems and services that support the company’s business objectives.
1. Design and develop related applications to meet user requirements.
2. Design and implement the components required for complex application features. These activities include defining, architecting, coding, testing, debugging, and deployment to support application systems.
3. Produce detailed functional specifications, requirements analysis, design specifications, proposals, statements of work and work estimates.
4. Prepare estimates and develop project plans.
5. Suggests technical alternatives and makes recommendations to internal customers the most effective and efficient automated approach.
6. Diagnose and resolve technical issues.
7. Research and implement technological improvements to streamline processes.
8. Manage communication between internal customers and various functional groups.
9. Train and mentor less experienced personnel.
1. 5 - 8+ years experience programming web applications with database backend.
2. Must have strong working knowledge of JSP and JSTL.
3. Must have strong working knowledge and theory of OO.
4. Must have strong working knowledge of J2EE; JMS, EJB, JMX, and industry standard pattern implementation such as MVC2, DAO, Singleton, Session Façade, etc.
5. Must have strong working knowledge of XML, SOAP, XML/RPC, XSLT, XSD.
6. Must have excellent oral and written communications skills and a strong working knowledge of Project Life Cycle concepts.
7. Must have strong analytical and effective problem solving skills.
8. Must have strong working knowledge of SQL, DBMS, O/RM.
10. Must be able to manage assigned projects with little supervision.
BS degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Thank you and have a great day!
IvyTech Solutions Inc
Business Development Manager