There are instances when recruiters read CV outside working hours. They may have a pile of CVs from which they have to select the best interviewees. If your CV is difficult to read, unclear and badly laid out the chances of your CV getting shortlisted are very slim and the recruiter will move on for the next curriculum vitae.
A curriculum vitae is an outline of a person’s professional and educational history usually prepared for a job application. As stated earlier, it is imperative that the CV should present the recruiter with a detailed information on your personal history, educational qualification, previous work experience and any professional training that the candidate may have undergone. A structured CV is an effective tool to market your skills and competence that raises the possibility of being shortlisted for an interview.
Given below is a list of what needs to be included on hur man kan skriva en CV for being effective in the competitive job market where many competent aspirants are vying for challenging opportunity.
1. Personal Data: Your personal details should always be on the top your CV. You can include your name, address, e-mail address, marital status, nationality and date of birth and place of birth. This gives the recruiter an idea of the personal profile of the candidate.
2. Earlier Work Experience: Att skriva ett CV that is easy to understand for the one who it’s sent to is important. A well written CV should begin with the most recent work profile that you have handled and work your way backwards to the first job that you have had. The skill lies in including and focusing on profile that is most relevant to the job that you are applying for. It serves well to include a brief job description of the role that you have handled in the past. Any professional accomplishments and rewards that you have achieved should be highlighted.
3. Professional Training: Many candidates undergo professional training or specialized programs on behavioral aspects that can provide an edge to the career development of an individual.
4. Adapt your CV: Att skriva ett CV that is adapted for the job you applying for, gives you advantages to those candidates that sends bulk emails. That shows that you are dedicated, interested in this specific job. You also get a great opportunity to highlight the qualities in you that makes you right for the job.
5. Languages Known: It helps to include the knowledge of languages that you are able to read, write and speak. Indicate the level at which you stand with respect to the languages known to you. In today’s global business environment multilingual professionals are highly sought after.
6. Information Technology Skills: You need to be very specific while enumerating the IT skills in your CV. Mention in a clear and concise manner the computer programs and software packages that you have command over. It is advised to mention only those skills that you are well equipped with.
7. Interests and other activities: A brief mention of extracurricular activities and interests suggests that the multifaceted nature of the candidates personality.
8. There are professionally managed, highly experienced companies like KFX that offer HR-consulting services to organizations and help prospective candidates with valued added services like hur man kan skriva ett CV for being effective in the employment market.