I don't get it. I truly don't understand what LinkedIn is doing. I do know that they are gaining new members at an astounding rate EVERY DAY. They are gaining more market share and becoming more and more invincible. No one can compete with LinkedIn. Google Plus tried to compete with them. Can you say #Fail? I tell you what else LinkedIn is doing. They are pissing people off.
I wrote a blog post on my personal site called Why I am Growing Sick and Tired of LinkedIn. To my surprise, I could not believe the responses. People are growing extremely frustrated.
I think LinkedIn is in an identity crisis. Are they a Job Board? Are they a Networking Site? Are they ALL about Money? Yes, Yes and Hell Yes! They have built a monopoly.
I do not have the balls to kill my LinkedIn account like Heather Bussing did. I have invested years and years on developing a network. Who is to blame? Me. Sucka!! They got me! They have all of us!
So, LinkedIn Recruiter is what it is all about? You want me to buy your product. Okay- I am a corporate recruiter. I use it. Do I use it for Inmails? Not really. I get names of people. You know what though, big brother is watching what I am doing. Just like the Police song "every breath you take, every move you make, I will be watching you".
Oh LinkedIn.. We used to be BFF. What happened? Spam happened. As my good friend the Recruiting Animal said, give me specifics- I will.
1) I hate the drawings, eye tests, lions- can their please be a filter?!!
2) Why in the world did you take away "Signal". It was one of my favorite products. I liked seeing who shared my material. Beyond that, without "Signal" I would have never found my current job. So- why take something away that is working?
3) Why oh why did you take away the updates on your profile? I have no idea of knowing who shared what.
4) LinkedIn is becoming more and more like Twitter. If you post something and you aren't at the top of the newsfeed no one will ever see it!
5) Why do you continually make it easier to connect with people? It seems like every 3-4 months, LinkedIn is making it more difficult to find OUT how to correspond with a connection request. Do you just want everybody to be a second degree or 1st degree connection so you can make more money on your LinkedIn Recruiter product
I wish they would keep moving my cheese! How about you?