As some sourcing tools are going away, I am becoming more interested (almost addicted!) to creating and using Custom Search Engines for sourcing. Recruiters have not yet utilized this resource to its full strength - especially, semantic search features, unavailable on Google.com "proper".
Here are five Search Engines, each with an example search string, to help to source for Information Technology professionals.
1. Search in Software Code - http://bit.ly/TheCodeCSE
Example - find Developers who have worked with Linux Kernel: linux kernel credits OR contributors OR authors
2. Search for creatives on Behance - http://bit.ly/BehanceResumes
Example - UX Designers in Austin
3. Search for resumes on Slideshare - http://bit.ly/SlideshareResumesCSE
Example - quality assurance automation new york
4. Search for Meetup members - http://bit.ly/MeetupPersonsCSE
Example - SAS Programmer Toronto
5. Search for profiles on Google-Plus - http://bit.ly/GooglePlusPersonsCSE