I see this pattern again and again not just with candidates I know, but with anyone suddenly finding themselves out of work. So I thought I would jot down the stages of the "candidate emotion cycle". Of course the cycle can be broken at any time and is often done so by luck or by the amazing recruitment abilities of the recruiter but that is a topic for another missive... enjoy this Monday afternoon musing and let me know how many of you have witnessed this! or is it really just me....
Following redundancy "Candidate Emotion Cycle" (CEC)
**********Meets a recruiter***********
A) Very excited by options talked about
B) Very deflated by lack of interest
5A) Can take on the world again!
No call yet from recruiter (its only been 24hrs)
7) Hatred - Its all the recruiters fault
8) Elated they got an interview – loves recruitment consultant
9) Elated got second interview – Recruitment consultant is the best
10) Depressed didn’t get job – Recruiter sucks
11) Hates recruiters generally
12) Worried - calls all recruiters constantly
13) Hates - recruiters
14) Elated got an interview
15) Recruiters are the best GOT JOB!!! Simply fantastic so happy!
16) Recruiters are a waste of money going to hire direct…..
17) Wants a new job……