Determining the honesty and integrity of a candidate is very tough. Especially if done over the phone. Below are some ideas and questions you can ask that will help you to determine a candidates honesty and integrity
- Describe a time when you spoke up even though it was unpopular.
- Describe a time when you admitted a mistake to a co-worker.
- How do you earn the trust of others?
- Would those you've worked with describe you as a person of integrity? Why did they reach that conclusion?
- Can you describe a time at work when you brought bad news to your manager?
- Discuss a time when your integrity was challenged. How did you handle it?
- Have you ever experienced a loss for doing what was right?
- What is the worst professional obstacle you've ever had to face and how has it helped you to grow?
- What three skills will you need to continue to develop to be "the best you can be?"
Each of these questions is designed to determine the honesty, integrity and ability of a candidate to take a stand.