Doostang just announced that they’ve landed $1.25 million in new funding. That’s not a huge investment compared to the boom years, but it is a signal that our industry may have reached bottom and is beginning to rebound.
So you’ve survived the worst. Now what are you going to do?
Do you have a plan for growth? If not, now is a good time to start – because if you don’t, your competitors will. The job board industry is like any other; you can grow, or you can fade away. There’s not an in-between.
See if you can answer the following questions (all of them, that is):
1. How are you using and/or integrating social media into your services?
2. What are your plans to move beyond job postings and resume access as your primary revenue sources?
3. Have you talked with your employers recently (and I mean most of them, not just a few)? What do they need that you can provide?
4. What is your plan for improving the quality of the candidates you provide to your employers?
5. How are you planning to improve the ability of employers to find the right candidates, and candidates to find the right job?
6. How do you plan to empower your candidates and provide them with a better job hunting experience?
7. Are you planning to grow by expansion into additional niches, acquisition, and/or creation of new services?
8. Do you know where your business should be in 12 months vis-a-vis revenues, services, and competitors?
What questions did I miss?