Recently, my organization went down the path of researching various vendors that can take our job application and make it accessible on a mobile device. There is only one problem - and it has us stuck! Our application (like many I have seen) is a long one with many required fields and lots of legalese at the bottom.
Some questions we are struggling with - would love your input and thoughts:
1) Would you complete a long application from your phone or mobile device? I don't think I would - therefore what has stumped my team.
2) How do you reconcile what information is needed to evaluate a candidate with the information needed later for background check? Does anyone do this in 2 parts?
3) How many fields is TOO many to do on a mobile device? I am impatient so my limit is low (2 or 3) and then I click out...
4) What companies do this particularly well?
5) What is your company doing to "go mobile"? Are you simply taking your current application and moving it to mobile?
I would love to connect with others struggling with or that have solved this issue.