Here are my top 10 resolutions for all the tweeters I know:
1. People – DO NOT put “Please RT” in your tweets. If it is interesting, I will RT. If it is interesting and you ask me to RT, I won’t cause that’s just how I am.
2. The authenticity debate ends. No one is actually authentic unless you see what they do in their own house all alone when no one is watching. You are who you are.
3. #FF AKA #FollowFriday will actually have different people every week. I get it, you have friends on twitter. What else you got for me?
4. People start RT’ing more frequently. If you see something great – RT it – it might introduce us to someone we don’t know.
5. Don’t just tweet a link. It makes me angry. I want to know what I am going to be looking at.
6. Stop the stupid “influencer lists” Everyone is influenced by different things – who are you to tell anyone else what they are influenced by
7. Engage people. Its simple – but talk to people that follow you on occasion. You’ll be surprised what you may have in common.
8. Meet people offline. Believe it or not – there are still these things called phones. Apparently some people even have them that aren’t cellular. I think they are called boomers.
9. While we are on that topic, Can we get over the generational issues debate on twitter? Unless of course you are part of the #genYunconference
10. You will send me brownies from @ftbrownies or other goodies – cause these last few weeks have been delish