Never, ever, think outside of the box...because your...decision may haunt you later.
Source: The New Yorker Magazine
In recruitment sometimes the box is the box you must function in. Straying may not be an option.
- Like following your gut when you should check some references
- Like immediately deciding, "This is a great, attractive, articulate...candidate."
- Like deciding no hiring manager in their right mind would want this old coot
- Like telling a candidate they are a slam dunk for the job in question
- Like assuming the HR liaison can be circumvented, by going around them
- Like, what would you add??