Are you networking? Some people are, but EVERYONE should be. While networking this past month or so, I have run across some Do’s and Don’ts that I think everyone should follow.
- Keep in touch with industry leaders (Nationally and Locally)
- Have coffee or lunch with industry leaders, co-workers and even competitors at least once a quarter.
- Pay it Forward
- Use social media to stay up to date on your industry and their trends. Make sure your online profiles (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and About.me) are filled out 100% with details describing who you are and what you do.
- Ask someone to lunch or a coffee, to pick their brain, to ask for advice and then make them pay. If you ask for the meeting, you should pay.
- Take, take, take and never give.
- Send a generic invite to connect on social media – Personalize each one.
- Be concerned with only your agenda. Always ask how you can help them.