Data for the August 2013 Jobs Index was collected online between the 12th of June to 25th July 2013, with 3,430 employers from the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Pakistan.
- The current hiring expectancy is similar to past wave with 30% of respondents claiming they will ‘definitely hire’ in the next 3 months. Another 25% are slightly uncertain about their plans and say they would ‘probably hire’. Respondents from KSA and Kuwait are more likely to hire than others.
- Future hiring is also consistent with 68% being positive of hiring in the next 12 months. Of these, 31% say they will ‘definitely hire’ and 37% say they will ‘probably hire’. KSA shows greater likelihood of hiring in the next 12 months.
- Private sector (large local companies) are more likely to hire in the next 3 months (63%) and in the coming 12 months followed by private sector (multi-national corporations) (59%).
- Companies are on the lookout for people who are Business Graduates/ Post Graduates (28%) and Engineering Graduation/Post Graduation (25%).
- UAE, Qatar and KSA are regarded as the most attractive job markets by recruiters.
- bayt_job_index_0813_v3.pdfMost attractive industries revealed to be banking and finance (35%),and construction (32%), followed by telecommunications (31%) and oil, gas and petrochemicals (28%)