The other day the Granite team was discussing the recruiting landscape, contractor rates and the ”transparent” relationship that we have with our clients. It dawned on us that we should be sharing these transparencies with our networks to help manage your expectations.
For those of you thinking about become “contractors” and those of you contemplating a “contractor” recruiter in your organization, here’s a quick snapshot of the recruiter landscape.
- Contract recruiters are in high demand again, meaning market rates have been on the rise after a slow 2009.
- Specialty recruiters (IT, Healthcare, Engineering, etc) are asking about 5 – 10% over the rest of the market.
- Rates can vary quite a bit in other regions – Calgary for example has long been a hot market for recruitment talent.
- Most true contract recruiters are incorporated, and prefer to be payrolled through a vendor.
- Other factors such as contract length, proximity of the worksite to their home, offsite vs. onsite, hours flexibility, support structure, sourcing vs. relationship mgmt, etc all can influence the final rate.
If you’d like to dig a bit deeper, we’d be happy to share any specifics and help you understand rates, so please feel free to connect.
For more information, please contact:Richard Matthews
, Granite Consultingrichard.email@example.com
(416) 628-5481Connect on LinkedIn