Recruitment agencies also know as employment agencies work as the interface between prospective employers and job seekers. When it comes to IT recruitment agencies, both public and private sector agencies follow a similar kind of protocol of hiring manpower. However, there are few differences between the work of private recruitment agencies. Private recruitment agencies charge a flat fee or a percentage of the salary of the hired candidate. In the current scenario, IT recruitment agencies advertise about the open positions mostly through the Internet but there are few agencies that still use the power of print media.
Whether you are looking for a job or a prospective employer , given below are a few things that talks about the fundamentals of recruitment agencies and their working procedure.
- Accessibility: As already discussed , most of the recruitment agencies use the Internet to promote their business and find new candidates for the vacant position. The extent of Internet usage depends highly on the size of the company and its market focus. Big agencies with nationwide presence and pan country offices majorly depend upon online marketing. They source prospective candidates through the Internet. If you are enrolling with a big employment agency then you will asked to send your resume through the right channels. The biggest recruitment agencies deal with large companies on the basis of the quality of resumes and negotiate accordingly. When it comes to smaller agencies, they generally follow the traditional method of sourcing candidates through face to face interview or through telephonic interview. However, they also depend on the internet for the online process to some extent.
- Vacancy Types: Be it an IT recruitment agency London or any other agency, they specifically focus on particular region based or specific type of job. Some agencies work on providing manpower related to administrative and secretarial staffs and also manage temporary, contract based, permanent and other positions. Whereas some other agency can work on the field like IT, healthcare, accounting, pharmacy and many more. There are some recruitment agencies that focus on overseas recruitments, 3 sector recruitments and charitable positions.
- Professionalism: Many employment agencies work as a franchisee to a professional body that provide the agencies with the professional code of conduct and accreditation as well. However, things are different with individual employment agencies. These agencies usually work on relevant academic qualification that helps them understand the market they are working in. In simple terms , an IT recruiter may have a relevant degree in information technology. The recruitment agencies reflect brand value of their agencies by helping their clients at the most.
- Added services: Some recruitment agencies even offer services to professionals like image consultants, professional psychologists, and testing professionals. Some agencies also offer counseling services, outplacement services and coaching services to prepare candidates for job interviews and boost confidence in them.
Here are the some benefits of working with employment agencies
A recruitment agency works in the favor of both the employers and employee
- For the employers: Prospective employers work with an employment agency to outsource the initial work involved in finding a candidate. For example if a company is looking for an IT manager, they will have to do the entire work of first finding candidates, then scrutinize them and then finally call them for an interview. This process can take a lot of time and can delay the hiring process . Using an employment agency can take out the hassle of going through these processes. An agency can do all the work starting from sourcing candidates, selecting them and interviewing them without disclosing the name of the employer. A recruitment agency can help companies find candidates for temporary and contract jobs.
- For Job aspirants: There are many recruitment sites available on the Internet and this is the place where candidates search for jobs. However, there are various companies that do not recruit people directly or publish about the vacant positions. They use employment agencies to hire people for them. When a candidate registers with an employment agency they stand the chance of getting a better exposure on the job market which otherwise may have remained unknown to them. Also building up relationships with an agency can help a candidate realize his strengths and the area of improvements.