When it comes to Matchmaking, what are the important qualities you look for in a partner? Comfort, trust, intelligence, confidence, humor, respect, mutual interests, aspirations, values…the list could go on forever. The importance of qualities can vary based on each individual’s perspective. Below is a list of the top 10 qualities a business should look for in an Applicant Tracking System, a partnership in talent acquisition.
- Communication – Communication is key in any relationship. Social media is a great way to help reach your talent pool. As a business, you want the most effective way to communicate with passive candidates as well as prospective candidates. An ATS provider should facilitate social recruiting and attract the largest number of top quality candidates for your business.
- Trust – Sometimes relationships can begin with such promise and result in disappointment or lack of follow through. While it is a harsh reality, it often occurs. When choosing an ATS, you want to know you are in good hands. Select an ATS provider that provides security, satisfaction and dedicated support.
- Adaptability – You never want to change who you are when entering or sustaining a relationship; always be true to yourself and your values. As a business, look for an Applicant Tracking System that does not require any modifications or adaptations on your end. Ensure the software is scalable and configurable for your workflow and business initiatives.
- Confidence – Confidence in a relationship and assurance that you have made the right choice is a vital component of a successful partnership. After choosing an ATS, you want to be confident that the choice was the right one. Ensure the analytics provided over time prove that the choice has been successful and was best for your business.
- Future Aspirations – When a relationship continues to grow, it is natural to consider the future and what lies immediately ahead. Choose an ATS that is constantly striving for their clients’ success in sourcing, engaging, and hiring top talent. Having an ATS that is prepared for the future and regularly implements what the up-and-coming trends may be, will improve the success of your organization’s recruitment initiatives.
- Comfort – When in a relationship, it is important to be comfortable. Do not leave questions, concerns, or insecurities unanswered. The same goes for an ATS provider. To prevent this issue, select a provider with great referrals! Having a full team behind your HR managers every step of the way will result in the optimal utilization and results from your platform.
- Personality –A first impressions is everything! Your career site is the first glimpse a candidate will have of your business. Make sure your Applicant Tracking System customizes your site to express your brand and culture of your business. The right messaging will attract the best fit candidates for your organization.
- Common Interests – An Applicant Tracking System will help your company filter out candidates that are not applicable for a specific job posting, while still keeping those individuals in your talent community. As a business, you are able to look at those who are best aligned and share the common interests with what is expected for each job. If a strong candidate does not match one job description, you can still build your pipeline and be prepared to fill additional positions with the best fit talent.
- Innovation – It is common for a relationship to plateau after the ‘honeymoon stage’. Rather than expecting this to occur, spice it up and keep things interesting! Stay up-to-date with the social and mobile trends in the HR industry. A successful ATS is not afraid to present new ideas and execute upon them to achieve results.
- Lifestyle – Living the ideal lifestyle when in a relationship should be relatively easy. Choose an ATS provider that facilitates the relationship by being ahead of the times. The times are changing and everyone is going digital. Your HR software must be configurable for the ipad, as well as social media, and other mobile capabilities.
Make sure all of the previously mentioned criteria are met, based on the order of importance specific to your organization, and be prepared for a successful partnership with your Talent Acquisition Software!