To many in the business world, recruiters are the cowboys of the wild west, swaggering into the bar, a cocky tilt to their hat, six shooters blazing, while HR the barkeep stands protectively behind the bar, dressed in conservative fashion, running a tidy shop, trying to conserve the peace and keep any ruffians under control.
Below is a tongue and cheek look at "Why HR Hates Recruiters and Vice Versa.
- HR follows the rules while recruiters break them.
- They both think they add more value to the business than the other.
- Recruiters offer more money to close offers while HR is trying to stay within the salary cap.
- Recruiting is about doing it (tactical) while all the HR group seems to want to do is talk about it (strategic).
- They both think their in charge of the final offer.
- To HR workforce planning is their main job, while to recruiters any workforce planning efforts going on within the company mean they will be looking for another job soon.
- HR loves paperwork but to a recruiter the only paperwork required is a napkin at a bar to jot down candidate essentials.
- HR usually holds the purse strings while recruiting is it’s poor jealous cousin looking for hand me downs or a hand out.
- No to HR means No but to a recruiter No means let the games begin.
- Finally to the business HR and Recruiters are one and the same (Doh!)
Francois Guay has been both an HR executive in a large global company as well as an internal and external recruiter. See more blogs from this author at firstname.lastname@example.org