You've hired some newbies and you want to be sure that THIS time, they'll work out. Here's my tips for successful training:
1) Have them watch a senior recruiter do 100 cold calls two days in a row.
2) Give them a rocking script to use.
3) Make sure they're recruiting on a REAL job order.
4) ROLE PLAY for all of day three.
5) Let them make a few calls on their own to get over the immense butterflies having me look over their shoulder causes.
6) Let them go if there are no resumes in at end of week one.
7) Monitor their own questions, are they intelligent, thoughtful, intuitive?
8) Let them do a full interview screen for practice on any halfway decent resume recruited.
9) Monitor the number of referral names they solicit and let them go if they're not able to get those.
10) Make sure you have fun, share your teams paycheck numbers with them and celebrate all the small victories along the way!