Recruiters are a great source for finding a job that will fit your need and skill set. They help you through the interview process and try to help prepare you for your interviews. The best thing about having a recruiter help you is that they have already done most of the leg work. They know the right contacts for certain companies and have built relationships with the people that work there.
Social networking is extremely important in today’s society. It’s a good way to introduce yourself to large groups of people and also a great way for people to find you. The more contacts you have, the better chances of you receiving a great job opportunity. LinkedIn is one of the top social networks to use right now, because everyone is a professional and looking to make connections with other professionals. It’s extremely successful in helping to build relationships and helping with your job search. Most recruiters use this LinkedIn to find candidates with the right experience for the positions. Since your profile is basically your resume, make sure it’s accurate and up to date! That way recruiters can find you easily and reach out to you. Recruiters can search the database of information for people with relevant skill sets and experience pertaining to specific job requirements.
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
1) Create a profile. Include current and past employment, education, and any other information that details your skills or qualifications.
2) Make sure to use keywords! This way, you can be found when those keywords are searched for.
3) Post a picture. Make sure it’s just you in the picture and professional looking. People with profile pictures get more connections.
4) Build your network. Connect with colleagues, friends, family, etc. The more people you are connected to, the more opportunities will come your way.
5) Join groups of interest to you. This is a great way to meet new people!
6) Get recommendations from previous colleagues and bosses.
You don’t have to wait for the recruiters to contact you. Find out which company the recruiter is working for and visit their website. Most of the time, jobs will be posted in their career section and you can check and see if there are any open positions that support your background. If you find a position that you are interested in, try and reach out to the recruiters and let them help you get the job!