These are the TOP 5 Things That Makes Someone a Smart Recruiter:
1. Stay Positive! -Don't let people or things throughout the day bring you down whether it's people you work with, friends or family members or a candidate or client that is obviously not having a good day. Don't let these things affect your mindset. Just think YES I CAN!
2. Knowledge is Power!-Have you ever heard of the phrase the more you know the more you grow. It's the same with recruiting. Read helpful articles here on Recruitingblogs.com to stay up to date on the Industry and with innovative ways to recruit! Read business and sales books to get to be better at your job. The more you know about what your client needs, the details of the job, about the candidates background along with their wants and needs, the better off you will be. Details are critical! You have a much better chance of getting a fill when you get all the details up front even before the search. The same as said for resources of finding candidates. Look at all different resources when looking for the perfect candidate. Go on blogs, Linkedin and other social networking websites, check out free places to list jobs, read books to get a better understanding of the position and attend social networking events that are related to what you are looking for at the moment.
3. Don't get distracted! - Keep your eyes on the prize. Stay focused on your goals throughout the day, week, month and year. Keep a daily calendar of things to do, candidates to call etc....Write down a list of things that you think that get you distracted and really try to change your work habits to be more productive. The more submittals, the more interviews, the more interviews the better chances of you getting a fill, the more chance of you getting more money you put in your pocket!
4. Stay Connected!-Even if you don't hire them they may know someone that might be interested in the position and stay connected with your hires. They can be very helpful to refer you to their friends, ex co-workers and family. Always remember to treat your candidates the way you would want to be treated if you were looking for a job. Tell everyone you know about connecting with you on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter etc..
5. Be Creative, Have Fun and Be Passionate about your Job!- My parents always told me if you are not doing something that you love then change it and find something you love doing! Life is too short. Have fun with your job and try to come up with creative ways to recruit to keep from being so repetitive. Have a passion for what you do and always strive to be the BEST!!