Top 3 Reasons Why Recruiters (both corporate and external) Love Linkedin:
1) LinkedIn has become the best hunting ground for recruiters.
2) As more companies are asking their employees to become participants in “social media” candidate referral programs, more employees are using sites such as Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter – making it insanely easy for recruiters to recruit them.
3) Linkedin allows recruiters to easily build their target candidate pool.
Top 3 Reasons Why HR Leaders Might Hate Linkedin:
1) Your competition can now easily see who you have just hired, the secret ‘human capital’ of your company is no longer a secret.
2) If your employees like to show-off their work by posting on their profiles what they do, then your competition can get some insights into what your company might be building.
3) Increase turnover and backfill cost. Your competition can now easily send a message to your key employees and invite them to tea.
These are my observations, now chime in with yours! Frankly, I'm torn about this one. I simply LOVE using Linkedin to recruit but I also hate to deal with turnover issues. Ugh!