Craig is one of those dream combinations in a technical or manufacturing environment: he can take something apart, rebuild it, and then write about it in a way that engages even the least technical reader. A long-time employee of Genie Industries in Redmond, recently laid off in the credit-crunch that hit the company hard.
On the market and actively looking, please contact him directly.
Craig R. Dibble
Home: (360) 653-3220
Cell: (425) 444-8572
Profile: A very experienced and knowledgeable goal and results oriented professional with more than 12 years experience in technical writing/illustrating and 7+ years experience of the manufacture of industrial lifting equipment utilizing lean manufacturing principles based off of the Toyota Production System.
Objective: To fully utilize my knowledge, experience and skills in the areas of technical writing, computers, automotive and various control systems of mechanical products while providing full customer satisfaction and excellent customer service. My analytical and
attention to detail abilities are upper scale and do not accept to put out anything less.
May 1996 to October 2008: Genie Industries, a Terex Company
Develop, illustrate and maintain parts and service manuals, including installation instructions, for Genie products following established desktop publishing practices and standards.
* Maintained all documentation up to date with engineering changes through the ECN process and then upload manuals to the internet to be viewable by customers.
* Gathered technical information and documentation by interviewing team members from engineering, research and development, marketing, outside suppliers, production team members and legal departments to ensure accuracy, compliance and conformity of publications for ANSI, CE, CSA and other governing agencies.
* Translated and organized complex technical and industry terminology into common language to maximize clarity, completeness & conciseness, style and proper terminology to be understood by a variety of audiences.
* Created computer-generated isometric, exploded-view illustrations and organized them according to established sequences and standards for detail and perspective.
* Reduced the lead time for manual creation from approximately 3 months to 30 days or less while increasing throughput by over 200%.
* Coordinated several projects at once to maintain target and deadlines.
* Established a process so that all manuals are now kept up to date with our engineering change process.
* Provided support and troubleshooting for software and hardware issues for the IT department.
* Participated in the selection, interviewing and training of new team members.
* I am an excellet listener and communicator. Speed, accuracy, completeness and attention to detail are my strongest traits.
* Excellent understanding of electrical and hydraulic theory.
March 1989 to May 1996:
Genie Industries (Redmond, WA):
Assemble machine components and install large sub-assemblies safely to specification with high quality standards. Troubleshoot any electrical and hydraulic defects on finished products.
* Supported several manufacturing areas of the company. Very experienced in all facets of production from fabrication to final assembly and testing using standard practices and procedures with high attention to detail and quality.
* Excelled in electrical and hydraulic systems troubleshooting. I have an excellent understanding of electrical and hydraulic theory.
* Top knowledge of all hand and power tools.
Education and training:
* Mt. Si High School: 1988 graduate
* Certificate from Parker-Hannifin Corporation in Inustrial Hydraulics Training
* Completed Product Liability Training through Perkins-Coie
* Participated in a Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) class through Genie Industries
PageMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Corel DRAW!, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, AS400, Solidworks, PDM Works, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
I am currently studying for the A+ Certification which is a certification for the creation, maintenance and technical support of computer systems. I have intermediate to advanced knowledge of computers and know how they work, how things interact and what it
takes to get the job done. I can learn any software program in a short amount of time.
I thrive for learning how things work. I can build and repair practically anything. I am most passionate about old cars and restoring them (some are built from scratch). I am most
knowledgeable and experienced with 12V DC electrical systems, installing and troubleshooting. I also have a lot of experience fabricating custom parts and assemblies using metal and fiberglass. I also have experience with automotive refinishing and painting. In the past I was also heavily involved with custom competition car audio system design and installation.