Once self-awareness is ingrained in habit, the search for self-improvement becomes an ever evolving natural course.” ____________
If you have started reading this first sentence and are still reading, you are really thinking that you can pull off a new life long career growth adventure. Believe it or not, you are becoming accountable for your career and your life in general. You are becoming Self-Aware.
Let’s review what you can learn through Self-Awareness:
1. You are not at a dead end. If you are still reading this means you have already gone past the starting point. You are already growing in your career one day at a time. This day that you are in, so far, is the most important day of your life.
2. You aren’t thinking about bad luck, who you can blame, how bad the economy is, or of being stuck in a rut. You are too busy thinking of new ideas that are challenging your mind and what you can do to improve yourself today.
3. You believe you can really build your own resume. You are aware that you will get some free help from other people in sprucing up the wording, formatting your document, and knocking around some content ideas. You are learning that these people really do want to help you.
4. You are becoming aware of the basic requirements and specific requirements of your current or last job, as well as the accomplishments you have achieved, and how they have added value to your current and/or past employers.
5. You are learning that the only way to go is in an upward direction, and you have formulated ideas and visualizations on where you are now and where you are going next in your career progression.
Just think how refreshing it will be to wake up each morning feeling elated and wondering what opportunities you are going to seize in this new day. This feels much better than your old way of thinking in terms of dreading the day and counting the hours. You are positive that good things are going to happen to you and you can’t wait to see what they are going to be. Your morning drive to work is relaxing and refreshing. You are consciously developing the habit of thinking about positive things you can do that will make significant impacts on your career and your life. By becoming self-aware you are starting to become self-improved.